Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Which Jesus?

A children's minister friend of mine and I were chatting online recently and we decided to make a t-shirt with this on the front...

"I don't know the poopy Jesus."

We got to that rather goofy point after talking about how some folks I was at a prayer meeting with seemed to feel that the really cool experience of knowing the unfathomable creator of all things is best displayed with a face that resembles that of a polite and proper socialite experiencing constipation.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really not trying to be critical. I know that every one of those folks loves Jesus as much as I. However, I think it is valuable to reflect on how we carry ourselves and how that effects people's perception of what God has done in us.

What Jesus do people think you know?
Powered By Blogger