Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Amazing Faith

This week I'm preaching to adults. That means I can't crow like a chicken, throw stuff, or act like a monkey to drive a point home. This leaves me a bit short for illustrative material. However, I've come across a nice thought, so I might survive yet: if we have amazing love, amazing grace, and all that, why can't we have amazing faith?

Sure, the love and grace thing are from Jesus. Faith is our deal. But if you stop and think about it Biblically, we all get a "measure of faith" from God. So faith is a gift from God just as much as His grace and love. Just like grace and love, we can use it or leave it be. Since it's up to us to tap into the faith we've been given, why not go for broke?

So I challenge y'all to attempt to "ramp up" your faith in God's promises and see if something amazing results.
Powered By Blogger