Friday, July 21, 2006

Children of God

Not an easy thing to swallow, but we are children of God. Not just creations mind you, children. That has always been a "take it in faith" truth to me. I can't see any real reason why a God of infinity would care to have a bunch of misbehaving ants as kids. He obviously does, as 1 John 3:1 is in the Bible, black ink on white paper.

So what's my point? I don't know. I'm just glad that God loves a repeat offender like myself that much. I need that level of love. I need that kind of father. My flaws are obvious to me, all the more so as I draw closer to God. I could never "perform" my way into His heart. I'm just a black hearted heathen He remade into a child of God. This very fact makes me more and more grateful for God's patience and limitless love. It keeps me humble.

I might not have a point, but I do have a suggestion. Look at who God is, who you are, and see the distance between the two. You will realize that life as a Child of God is a treasure you'll never fully understand. That kind of catharsis leads you to a selfless sort of joy that isn't situational. Your level of peace is based on a God who knows you in and out, and loves you all the same.
Powered By Blogger